Shoutan Cup National Weiqi (13 X 13) Competition For Primary School
1. Organizer Singapore Weiqi Association
2. Date / Time 7th July 2012 (Saturday)
8:30am – 1:30pm: Groups A, B & C
2pm – 6:30pm: Groups D, E & F
3. Venue National Library Board, Atrium (Ground Level)
100 Victoria Street, Singapore 188064
Group A – Open to all primary students
Group D – Primary 3 students
Group B – Primary 5 students
Group E – Primary 2 students
Group C – Primary 4 students
Group F – Primary 1 students
Registration is on a first come first serve basis.
5. Registration Fees: $5.00 per participant
6. Prizes (a) Top 8 Singaporean Players in each group will be awarded.
(b) Top 8 Non-Singaporean (Weiqi Friends) Players will also be awarded.
(c) The best 3 players of each school will automatically form a team representing their school. The top 4 schools will receive team trophies and Shoutan Cup will be awarded to best school team in Group A.
7. Rules (a) The competition will be conducted using Seven-Round SWISS System.
(b) International Rules would be used during the tournament.
(c) 15 minutes would be allocated for each round and another 5 minutes would be allocated for each player after 15 minutes. Any player who used up all his/her playing time will automatically lose his/her game.
(d) Any player who is late for 10 minutes will automatically lose his/her game.
(e) Any dispute arising from a game shall be referred to the Section Arbiter or Chief Arbiter. The Chief Arbiter’s decision is final.
(f) Participants are to be dressed in School Uniform.
(g) Only participants are allowed into the Competition venue.
(h) No last minute registration will be entertained.
(i) Changing of grouping is not allowed after registration.
(j) The Organizers reserve the right to make changes to the rules without prior notice.
8. Closing Date: 29th June 2012, Friday
9. The following Registration Forms can be obtained from / submitted to Singapore Weiqi Association, 51 Bishan Street 13, #02-01, Singapore Intellectual Games Centre S (579799). (Tel: 63569756 and Fax: 63533105)
Click Here for Registration Forms!