Singapore Weiqi Association’s Data Protection Policy
Respecting your privacy and protecting your personal data
Singapore Weiqi Association (“SWA”) organises, administers and/or manages various Weiqi events, including but not limited to:
- classes held at its clubhouses and satellite centres;
- Weiqi training sessions;
- competitions at its clubhouses or such other venues in its discretion
(collectively, the “Programme”).
To administer and/or manage the Programme, SWA will necessarily need to collect, use, disclose and/or process certain personal data or personal information about yourself (“Participant”).
SWA’s Data Protection Policy aims to help you understand how we collect, use, share and protect your personal information.
Ways we collect your personal information
We may collect your personal information when you:
- Register membership, courses, or/and tournaments
- Sign up for alerts or newsletters
- Contact us with a question or request for assistance
The information we collect
The following are key examples of the information we collect:
- Your identity – This includes NRIC, FIN or passport number, address, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth, as well as photographs and videos taken during certain events.
- Your account information – For example, the services you use or other details related to your account.
- Your preferences – This is based on what information you share with us, such as how you would like to be contacted, or your preferred workshops or tournaments.
How we use your information
We may use your information for:
- Processing, administering and/or managing the Participant’s membership in the Programme, including but not limited to the compilation, processing and administration of the Participant’s information for the purpose of ranking in the SWA player database and publishing relevant information on the SWA website in relation to tournament results and players’ rankings;
- Contacting the Participant on matters relating to the Participant's membership in the Programme;
- Enrolling the Participant in classes, competitions and training programmes, and administering these activities;
- Processing and sending to the Participant marketing, advertising and promotional information on future events, classes, competitions and promotions of SWA via postal mail and/or electronic mail;
- If consented by the Participant in the registration form and/or other methods of consent notification, sending the Participant such marketing, advertising and promotional information via voice calls / SMS/ MMS / fax / email / postal mail as may be consented by the Participant; and
- If consented by the Participant in the registration form and/or other methods of consent notification, utilising photographs of the Participant taken during the course of administering the Programme in SWA’s marketing, advertising and promotional campaigns
We will not use your personal data for purposes other than what we have informed you, or which are permitted under local laws and regulations.
We will retain your information for only as long as there is a continuous relationship with SWA or legal need.
Sharing your information
Your personal data may be disclosed by SWA to third party service providers or agents engaged by SWA for processing your personal data on behalf of SWA for one or more of the purposes stated above.
Otherwise, we do not offer, publish or share your personal information with third parties without your permission, unless required by law.
Protecting your information
We have implemented strict measures to safeguard your information. These include but not limited to the following:
- Access restriction to information in our systems
- Strict verification processes to prevent unauthorised access to information
Respecting your contact preferences
We may send marketing messages to you if:
- you have given us consent, OR
- the sending of such messages is permissible under applicable laws and regulations.
Our marketing messages aim to update you about our events and special deals from our preferred partners and sponsors.
If you wish to continue receiving such messages or to opt out, you can indicate your preference at any time at our counter. Your request will be processed within 2 weeks.
Please note that after opting out, you may still continue to receive non-marketing messages, such as notification or reminder of the events registered, or as permitted under applicable local laws and regulations.
Access & Correction
You can view and correct your personal data with us at our counter. Please bring along your original identification card for verification.
Feel free to contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated on: 13 Aug 2017